Asia Cup Final 2023: India vs Sri Lanka Match Prediction

September 16, 2023
Asia Cup Final

The Asia Cup 2023 is finally ending with the final match on 17th Sep 2023. The Asia Cup last match is scheduled to take place at the R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo. The final is between Ind vs SL which will commence at 3:00 PM IST.

India and Sri Lanka will clash in the Asia Cup final for the 2nd this season. In their previous meeting, Inda defeated Sri Lanka by 41 runs. Throughout the competition, India held the top spot in the Super 4 points table. Sri Lanka comes in the second spot. In the Super 4, both sides played well. India won two of three matches and Sri Lanka won two as well.

Both teams have a long history of cricket rivalry. They have played 166 matches in this format. In 97 of these games, India has won, while Sri Lanka has won 57. This Asia Cup 2023 final encounter promises to be an exciting conclusion to their cricketing career.

Weather Forecast for Asia Cup Final

The Asia Cup 2023 final match is expected to have a high of 29°C. The low is expected to be 80% humidity.

Winds are expected to gust to 16 km/h. There is a 60% chance of precipitation. 

Pitch Report

The ground at R. Premadasa Stadium has shown to be batting-friendly. This gives batsmen an advantage.

Pacers may find some help in the later stages of the game.

This pitch has a 260-run average in the first inning.

On this track, teams batting second have a 40% winning percentage.

Key Players

In the event, Virat Kohli (IND) has scored 129 runs.

Kusal Mendis (SL) has scored a total of 253 runs.

Dhananjaya de Silva (SL) has scored 68 runs and taken three wickets.

Shubman Gill (IND) has 194 runs scored in the event.

Captaincy Picks

India will be led by Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma.

Sri Lanka is represented by Kusal Mendis and Dhananjaya de Silva.

Asia Cup Final Match: Squad List 2023

The following is a list of the players that will represent the India vs. Sri Lanka teams.

India: Rohit Sharma (captain), Prasidh Krishna, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul, Axar Patel, Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya (vice-captain), Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav.

Sri Lanka: Dasun Shanaka (captain), Pathum Nissanka, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis (wicket-keeper), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dunith Wellalage, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Matheesha Pathirana, Dushan Hemantha, Pramod Madushan, Binura Fernando, Kusal Perera.

India vs Sri Lanka Asia Cup: Live Telecast

The Asia Cup 2023 has been a thrilling cricket competition so far. The final match between India and Sri Lanka is exciting for cricket fans. India is under captain Rohit Sharma captaincy. The team has had consistent batting performances throughout the competition. Players like Virat Kohli have contributed significantly. Their batting lineup has been a crucial strength. It often sets intimidating targets for their opponents.

On the other hand, Sri Lanka has a well-balanced lineup. The team is led by Pathum Nissanka and Kusal Mendis’ excellent batting abilities. The final promises to be a tight encounter. Both teams have demonstrated their abilities in the lead-up to this Asia Cup final match.

With a great head-to-head record versus Sri Lanka, India enters the final as the favourite. They have won 97 out of 166 meetings. However, cricket is famed for its volatility. And Sri Lanka, led by Dasun Shanaka, will be keen to win and make history.

The Asia Cup Cricket 2023 will be broadcast live on the Star Sports Network. Fans can also watch the action on the Disney+Hotstar app. Cricket fans can expect an exciting final match between these two cricketing powerhouses.

India vs. Sri Lanka Odds & Match Prediction

India: 1.86

Sri Lanka: 3.31

The odds for India to win the Asia Cup 2023 final vs Sri Lanka are firmly in favour of India. Bookmakers are offering odds of 1.86 for an Indian victory. This indicates that India is seen as the superior team. Bettors are anticipating India to win the match. Sri Lanka is the underdog with odds of 3.31. This means that bookmakers believe the team has a smaller probability of winning.

These odds consider factors such as squad makeup, player form, and pitch conditions. Moreover, the teams’ current form and prior performances are also considered. While India’s favourable odds suggest their supremacy, cricket is an unpredictable game. So, Sri Lanka can surprise everyone. The odds offer an element of excitement for cricket fans, making the game more exciting.

Winning Predictions: Asia Cup Final 2023

India: 64%

Sri Lanka: 36%

The stakes are high in the highly anticipated Asia Cup final between India and Sri Lanka. Supporters are eagerly anticipating the conclusion. India has a 64% chance of winning. This is as per some latest reports and statistics. Sri Lanka has a winning probability of 36%.

These winning forecasts are influenced by several factors. India’s powerful batting lineup has consistently delivered match-winning performances. This includes Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and Shubman Gill. Their ability to set and chase big goals has turned them into a formidable force in limited-overs cricket. Furthermore, India possesses a world-class bowling attack led by Jasprit Bumrah.

Sri Lanka has some major strengths, including the batting prowess of Kusal Mendis and Dhananjaya de Silva. They have been among the top performers in the competition. The Island nation also has a talented bowling unit that can take advantage of conditions and limit opponents. But Sri Lanka will need to solve its historical deficit against India, as India has won most games.

Remember that cricket matches are fundamentally unpredictable, and anything can happen on any given day. Pitch conditions, player form, and matchday plans all play a significant influence in determining the outcome. While forecasts can be useful, cricket is still a game of chance.

As supporters excitedly anticipate the Asia Cup final, the outcome will ultimately be determined by how both teams perform on the pitch. Whether India continues its winning record or Sri Lanka surprises, cricket fans should expect a fascinating Asia Cup cricket match.

Also Read: ICC World Cup 2023: Book Your Dates for Sports Betting

ICC World Cup 2023: Book Your Dates for Sports Betting


1. Where will the Asia Cup 2023 final take place?

The R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, Sri Lanka, is hosting the Asia Cup 2023 final.

2. Which team has won the most Asia Cup championships?

India holds the record for most Asia Cup titles won.

3. Who has scored the most runs in the Asia Cup 2023?

Shubman Gill of India has scored the most runs in the Asia Cup 2023, with five matches played and a strike rate of 90.46.

4. When does the Asia Cup 2023 final match begin?

The Asia Cup 2023 final is set to begin at 3:00 PM IST on 17th September.

5. Where can I watch the Asia Cup 2023 livestream?

The Asia Cup 2023 will be broadcast live on the n8 sports

Final Words

The final of the Asia Cup 2023 between India and Sri Lanka promises to be an exciting match. While expectations favour India because of its formidable batting and bowling lineups, cricket is truly unpredictable. With its outstanding players, Sri Lanka can undoubtedly provide a strong threat. We can expect an interesting spectacle of skills, strategies, and nerves on the cricket pitch. All we can say is let the best team win. Cricket lovers are eagerly waiting for the match to see the champions of the Asia Cup 2023 finals.

Author admin

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *